Thursday, July 12, 2012

What a blessing my time in Kenya has been so far. Funny aside, travel apparently mixes up my ability to tell am from pm as my layover in Doha was 12 hours and not 20 mins. During the layover I read a whole book, took a long nap in the sleep lounge, and made some new friends. Once I Arrived in Kenya, going through customs took about two hours so I was worried my hosts would miss me but was received with happy faces and we took the two and half hour drive to icuga...very small, you probably won't find it on a map. The people were very welcoming and send love and greetings to my friends at lpc. Since it is late at night and I learned a lot during my first several days, this blog update will be several parts. During the car ride, I attempts to learn some swahilli phrases and got to know more about my hosts. They arranged for me to visit and speak with all five churches in the parish during Sunday services and I even did a bit of preaching. One thing that struck me most about the services was their use of music and prayer. I could tell the people really believed their prayers and felt the worship in their music. Like churches in the states at least down south, food was important to welcoming new visitors and attracting people. For now, I will leave this brief but will update more Friday afternoon. Sorry for misspellings as I'm back to using the iPad. Peace and love in Christ

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, Glad you made it to Kenya, and we continue to look forward to hearing of your travels face to face at Myrtle Beach. You are in our prayers each morning asking God to protect you and for you to have an open mind for learning and seeing all He wants you to see and learn. God has really blessed you with this opportunity.

    BTW, I think your Mother knows some Swahili. Ask her when you return.

    U. Dan & A. Susan

    ReplyDelete