Saturday, July 14, 2012

Prayer request

Hi friends,
Instead of visiting the orphanage on Monday, I switched some of my plans around and went today. The home housed children up to five years old (any child older than five is then moved to another home). Most of the children I was with were toddler age. Most of them are orphans because HIV/AIDS. There were even several who tested HIV positive and their parents abanoned them in the hospital once finding out. As soon as I arrived, three toddlers ran up and just wanted to be held by someone. It broke my heart..still continues to break my heart thinking about all these children. Throughout the day the children are taken care of but they seemed to be slightly understaffed. The children toddler age had a brief Bible study and were encouraged to pray with me as I blessed the food. I felt like there was so much more I could do when I left besides my donation, prayers, and leaving with much love in the heart for the children...what really was heartbreaking was as I left, a five year old asked to come with me. I wish I would have taken pictures of these children, but because it did not seem right to take pictures of crying children, I did not, though their faces are engraved in my memory and heart. AIDS is an awful thing that continues to take the lives of parents way too soon and leave their children to take care of themselves. The home is a great ministry that continues to be in my heart as I pray it will be on yours as well. I will even offer a plug for adoption of children around the world who need and deserve a place to call home and love. If you have any questions about the center or would like to contact them about adopting or possibly visiting/ donating, i will try to email information. If I have free time after church on Sunday, I hope to try to go back.

Please pray for all the orphans but on my heart are the orphans at New Life Center I met today.
Thank you.
peace and love in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment