Saturday, July 21, 2012

20 plus confessions of a world wanderer :)

Update from south Africa will be posted in time but as I had some time to think about all I've experienced and learned this summer I thought it might be fun to make up a confessional list...merely for fun and memories not so academic :) hope you enjoy I won't number as the iPad makes numbering difficult. I've been craving good hot dogs and Chickfila since china I've slept in ten different beds this summer and started dreaming about my bed 4 or 5 beds ago I've dropped many a food while using chopsticks I took a taxi literally three blocks in south Korea as I was unable to find my hotel :) I pet stray animals even though I was advised against it It took several successful airport pick ups for me to trust that my hosts would meet me and my luggage would arrive I don't like Kenyan tea......I LOVE Kenyan coffee!!! I recycled many a sermon :) The Lord continued to open my eyes even when I wanted to shut them. I learned more about trusting the Lord than i ever have before I ran in airports more times than I care to admit As I rode through Nairobi national park, all the music from the lion king was stuck in my head I could have travelled a bit lighter :) I lied on several occasions about having a boyfriend to avoid numerous marriage proposals. I love Beijing duck...and china I think had the best food I was mistaken for a Russian and German....which is part of my heritage so makes sense The lift to get to the great wall scared me....as did walking around the wall...but it was so beautiful South Korea wins the award for best tea and cutest tea houses I'm a tall white American girl, and while I love Jesus, my dancing in worship is a hilarious sight I'm sure.:) It really is a small world after all I taught members of my china English exchange group improper southern English. Yes, I mean y'all Christians in the USA have so much to be grateful for...yet we constantly take our Christianity for granted. I really enjoyed hearing Christmas music in June while driving to the great wall While in south Korea, I secretly searched for the director of the dharma initivive and miles...oh and sun and Jin from LOST :) Though I spoke with so many amazing people and learned so much, I still have more questions than answers. I hope I remember how to drive a car :) On more than one occasion I looked the wrong way before crossing the street in Malaysia, Kenya and south Africa. I also tried to sit on the drivers side. In china, it was nice to join with other folks from the states and not be stared at by myself. I got slightly teary eyed on fathers day hearing the Chinese version of this is my fathers world. Also when I saw giraffes in the wild....love them When I heard Hanson on the radio in china, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. I went the wrong way thru customs...twice. Though this has been the most amazing and eye opening experience...I'll even be ready to hear the Pittsburgh accent this upcoming Tuesday....and even more ready to hear a y'all :) I drank the water in Kenya...and I'm still ok People in other parts of world...china, Kenya and Malaysia especially trump southern hospitality...sorry my fellow southerns we dont come close! I love, love, love...probably too much Chinese food :) I kissed a giraffe Yes, I would do this summer over again in a heartbeat..though I'd like to bring friends and family with me next time! :) Hope you enjoy my confessions, Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment