Thursday, July 19, 2012

Arrived safely in south Africa

Greetings friends! This is just a short blog update to let everyone know I've arrived in south Africa. I will update about my time here before leaving on Monday assuming my iPad battery makes it that long. :) today I spent some time at a local church in their children's ministry as well as their homeless outreach program. On Friday, I will visit a local church sponsored center that helps the surrounding impoverished community. On Sunday, I'll attend the morning service at my host family's church and also an evening service. Monday, I will mainly pack and get ready to head back to the states. This has been such a great opportunity and adventure. Though I've met with many fantastic and inspiring people, Ill confess that I still have many questions and have lots of information to process and sort through. I hope to update again before leaving south Africa this Monday. If not, I'll update during my layover in JFK airport...and please pray for safe travels home...and quick travels home as the last stretch of plane rides seems to always be the longest. I will update again when I can. Peace and love in Christ, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment