Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Schedule for first several days in Kenya

Greetings friends! Happy 4th of July to all my U.S friends and family!  I will post another update about my experiences in Malaysia before leaving early Saturday. Since I do not think I will have internet access during my first couple days in Kenya, I thought it may be helpful to post a tenative schedule of what I will be doing the first several days of my visit. I will have the chance to visit Icuga Church in Icuga, Kenya (about 60 miles or so outside Nairobi) and spend time with Christians there. Lebanon Presbyterian Church has a partnership with the church there and as LPC was my field education setting, I am graciously able to visit with Christians there and learn more about their church growth and ministry. After flying most of the day Saturday and well into the night, I will arrive in Nairobi, Kenya around 7AM Sunday morning. From there I will be met at the airport by friends from the Icuga church and we will travel to Icuga in time for the morning service. I'll spend the afternoon visiting with various church leaders and members in their homes. The next day, I will have the chance to visit both the schools and meet with teachers and students there. In the afternoon, I will visit more members in their homes. Next, I will have the chance to visit the remaining four churches in the area's parish and meet with their church leaders to learn more about their unique evangelism opportunities. I will also have the chance to visit and meet with leaders from other denominations from around the local area. Wednesday afternoon, we will travel to the mountain lodge and view some wildlife and have a time of fellowship. I'm looking forward to my time spent in Kenya.

Please pray for travels on Saturday...that everything goes smoothly..I make all my connecting flights (one of which is only a 30 min. transit) luggage arrives and safety traveling around Kenya. Please also pray for those who were effected by the violence against the church in Kenya near the borders. Love in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment