Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saying farewell to south Korea

My time in south Korea has been a huge blessing. Since my last post,I've been fortunate to meet so many great people. I travelled to visit with Dr.Son at Yonsei university and enjoyed squid for lunch with students from china, Indonesia, and the phillipines. We shared concerns about the church as well as joys. It was a great time of fellowship. I was given a tour of the school and then was lucky enough to meet with the missions professor. We discussed some more about the history of christian mission in Korean and he talked about the need for students to be on fire for Christ, so the trend of growth continues. As you may know the presbyterian church has a huge presence in south Korea about half of the world Presbyterians live here. On Friday I was able to travel to Jong suk church with grace, one of the phd students. She gave a tour and pointed out the footprints of top evangelizers at the church. In order to receive this honor, a person must share the gospel with one thousand people- there were six footprints- all belonging to women. The church is very big on outreach to foreigners living in Seoul as grace is one of the pastors for the phillipino sub church which meets on the campus of the main church. After spending part of the weekend with angela, a friend from summer camp, and having a great time of catching up and fellowship, I arrived back in Seoul to attend the famous Myung sung Presbyterian church. The church holds five services that are all packed in a huge building. There were easily 10000 if not more people worshipping at the service I attended. Hearing the choir sing with a full orchestra was too beautiful for words. The worshippers were very engaged in the service and the preacher was quite dynamic. I wish I could upload pictures now to my blog to show the size. The choir was bigger than any congregation I've been in. Many I've spoken with stress the need for quality Christians attending services over quanity, but it seemed this group was on fire for the word and for Christ. Very early Monday morning, south korea time, I'll travel to Beijing china to explore the city and meet with some folks there. I'll then meet up with a group traveling with the outreach foundation in nanjijng, for a English exchange. We wil speak with a group of pastors, tour their churches and various cultural sites, and spend time in mornings and evenings worshipping together. I'm looking forward to this time. Please keep my travels in your prayers as well as praying for Christians around the world- God is living and active on every corner of His great earth. I'm not sure of internet connection over in China but I'll blog again when I can. Love in Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment