Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Greetings friends! Quick blog post update from Korea. After feeling a little sick yesterday I was very anxious to get out of my hotel room. Since my schedule was free today, I took time to see the city of Seoul and learn more about Korean culture. I took a city tour bus and stopped at several sites ranging Crome war memorial of Korea, namsangoi tradiotnal Korean village, Seoul tower, changdeokgung palace, natural folk museum, and observed the changing of the guards at gyeongbokgung palace. I even managed to do a little bit of shopping. Walking around the palace grounds was very interesting as I was able to learn some brief historical facts about each dynasty and of course take tons of pictures. It was a beautiful day for sightseeing and I enjoyed being out and about the city. Tonight, I will try to go to a Wednesday night prayer service....I believe it occurs at 6 if I translated correctly lol :) I will probably go earlier to make sure. Korean Christians have various services on Sundays as well as Wednesday's with mornings being reserved for prayer. The Christians here are passionate about maintaining prayer life, which is something I greatly admire. Wishing all of y'all a happy Wednesday. Peace in Chirst, Amanda Also, my ATM card works at vendors but not ATMs. Thankfully I will be able to borrow money from my professor. Hopefully this won't be a problem elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment